We are not associated with any other company!

Phone Number

855-722-3166

Our Lonestar Transfer family is still here to help you! Thank you for your patience through this global crisis!

How Long Does a Timeshare Exit Take?

10/05/2021

Free Consultation

  • Hidden
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

So you’ve decided to take on your timeshare developer and try to get out of your contract. This is much more easily said than done, and the process can depend on many different factors. Not all timeshare developers work in the same manner. According to the World Tourism Organization, somewhere around 90% of the timeshare resorts in the United States work through some kind of fee-simple ownership system. But that leaves another 10% of timeshare resorts that work through different ownership systems. Additionally, ownership systems are certainly not the only factors to consider when getting out of a timeshare contract With all of this considered, how long does it typically take for owners to exit their timeshares?

What Is The Timeline For Exiting A Timeshare?

Again, everyone’s timeshare exit is individual. You may find that yours is easier or harder to get out of than another individual’s. But on average, a typical timeshare exit will take between 12 to 18 months. Keep in mind that this timeline takes into consideration the involvement of a timeshare exit company or lawyer. The process may take much longer, or in some cases be impossible, if you try to exit your timeshare on your own.

What Factors Affect The Length of This Process?

As previously mentioned, the involvement of a timeshare exit company or lawyer can change the length of the process. Different factors that can affect the length of this process include the amount of contracts attached to your timeshare. Some timeshare owners only have a single contract attached to their timeshare, while others may add on many over time. This is because each time you upgrade your timeshare or made changes to your trips, your timeshare developer would add new contracts to your timeshare. When you try to get out of your timeshare, each contract has to be canceled. The more contracts are added to your timeshare, the longer and more costly your timeshare exit will take.

Additionally, some timeshare developers have exit programs in place, while others do not, or offer exit programs that are not beneficial to owners. Therefore, the process can be dragged out further.

This is why people often work with timeshare exit companies or attorneys. The process can be simplified with the help of these professionals; and you may find yourself with much better options in the long term.

More Timeshare News

How to Find a Reputable Timeshare Lawyer

How to Find a Reputable Timeshare Lawyer

There are many reasons why one would be interested in timeshare cancellation. For instance, if you took out a personal loan for a timeshare, interest costs can add to other costs, making it expensive to “own” a timeshare. Typically, interest rates are steep and...

5 Questions to Ask Your Timeshare Cancel Service

5 Questions to Ask Your Timeshare Cancel Service

“Heads in beds” has become so important to timeshare resorts, up to 47% of them utilize online travel agencies. It's enough to make valued members want to get rid of their timeshares. Are you ready to safely be rid of your timeshare? You need to find a trustworthy...

Can You Refuse an Inherited Timeshare?

Can You Refuse an Inherited Timeshare?

Did your parents invest in a timeshare? They probably thought it was a worthwhile investment that would provide the family with wonderful vacation options. The cost may have been lower at the time too. Today, according to Redweek, the cost of a new timeshare averages...